Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fatherly Figure In Need

It's been a little over a year since my parents divorced and I'm happy about that. I mean, life with my dad was miserable. He was a very religious man and he forbid me from making friends, reading books, listening to music, and going out to places other than school on my own. He criticised and yelled at us everyday for any little thing that he could find. So I'm sure you get the point. I'm glad that they're divorced and I love my mom very dearly, but I miss having a fatherly figure in my life. I did have a father before, but it didn't feel like I did because of his anger issues, religiousness, and constant criticisms. One time, he told me and one of my brothers that the reason he brought us into this life was because he needed us to help him get to paradise. This hurt my feelings very badly. If you take a look at things from my point of view, I never even had a father in the first place. I want a man that I can look up to as a dad. I want a man that I can go to for advice and talk to whenever something's wrong. I want a dad that would treat my siblings and I with respect and love my mom very much. I want my family to be complete. I want my 8 year old brother and my 3 year old sister to have a father. I don't want them growing up without a male figure and getting sad whenever they see one of their friend's dads picking them up from school. I hope that my mom finds her true prince one day. I know that she's 40 and that she's not that young anymore, but she still has a chance at finding someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment